Thursday 25 February 2010

Sayonara Kyoto, Konichiwa Nara

I wouldn't call Kyoto the prettiest city in the world but it was home for 5 days and we loved it. So goodbye Monterey Hotel and goodbye Starbucks. It is time catch the crowded subway with all our shit to the Kyoto JR station for the Rapid Service to Nara. At the JR station on the platform we were about to leave from I finally found a vending machine that served hot food. Not just noodles but hot chips and hot dogs. I'd heard about the vending machine that dishes out hamburgers so this was almost too good to be true. So I had to get the hot dogs. You get two teeny hot dogs in a box. You pay your money, push a button wait 80 seconds and your box of piping hot doggies drops out. And, really, they're not bad. Quite digestible. I'd do it again. Being able to buy a beer and a Pocari Sweat from the kiosk no doubt helped too. Now all have to find is the undie dispensing vending machine.








No comments:

Post a Comment