Sunday 14 March 2010

Another day another ice festival - Sounkyo Ice Festival

We're told we have to go to the Sounkyo Ice Festival after dinner. We rug up. Multiple layers. It had been -10 degrees Celsius during the day. Tonight the wind had whipped up and it was snowing so I imagine it was pretty cool outside. It's only about half a kay to the ice festival but the hotel has a shuttle bus for guests going down to the town and the ice festival. I thought about walking down but I thought I may have to leave a note like Captain Oates first, "I am just going outside and may be some time."
There was ice and there was a festival and there were lots of frozen tourists. What more could you want from an ice festival? Little Japanese hotties? I'm glad you asked. Three of them found me and lined up to get photos with little ol' me with hellos and how are you and where are you from and then Michelle turned up.









No comments:

Post a Comment