Friday 4 June 2010

Airport farewells suck...

Airport farewells suck and that is why Ben and Sonja let me go with them to say goodbye... I was happy to see the back of them... and I drove.

You can even get the traditional Nixon drink at the airport... iced coffee... with extra cream.

I said goodbye so they could go and have some private time to get over their grief at having to say goodbye to me and then I went upstairs to the observation deck. And look, I found the Qantas A380 they're flying to Europe on. It was also persisting down up there. 'Tis a bloody wet day in ol' Sydney town today.

Before I got out of the rain I spied the Socceroos' 747. That was the plane the Qantas Socceroos used to get to South Africa for the World Cup.

Another thing that sucks at the airport is airport food. More on that in the next post.

1 comment:

  1. that socceroos plane was following sonja around! we saw it in Melbourne, then sydney 2weeks later and then it landed in london 5minutes after us.....

    ReplyDelete