Saturday 12 June 2010

Milawa Cheese Factory

Done with wine tasting it is time for a feed. The Milawa Cheese Factory does excellent pizzas. And snot blocks... I mean vanilla slices. The Cheese Factory does one of the best examples of these custard filled pastries I've ever had. According to the wiki the vanilla slice is just a variation on the Mille-feuille. At least they note the Aussie slang name of "snot block" in the wiki.
As far as the pizzas go I had the Milawa Goat Curd which had sardines, anchovy, capers, caramelised onions, olives, thyme and goat curd on it. Yummy.
Michelle and Moira had the Milawa Gold which had Milawa Gold cheese, salami, olives, onions, mushrooms and rocket on it. Also not bad. M and M think they over did the onions on their pizza. Me? I was happy with my stinky fish pizza. Seriously good.




1 comment:

  1. Yummo. I will have one goat's cheese pizza like yours please plus a Milawa Cheese Factory vanilla slice!!!! Enjoy beautiful memories of Nth Eastern Victoria. Truly God's own country. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete