Saturday 26 June 2010

Partial Lunar Eclipse from Sydney, Oz

Before I went to the footy tonight to see Collingwood belt Sydney, sigh, I was able to grab a picture of the moon. This was before the partial lunar eclipse due an hour or so later. I shot this photo through my Galileoscope with my Lumix Lx3. No special tricks or anything. I just pointed the telescope at the moon and raised the camera up to the eyepiece and fired away.
The photo was F/2.8, at 1/200 sec and ISO-80 and taken from Sydney at 5:47PM. I've flipped the photo to correct the inverted image from the telescope. Click the picture to embiggen.

Unfortunately the eclipse coincided with the annual blockbuster between Sydney and Collingwood out at the Olympic stadium. I probably should've stayed home and tried to get some proper shots of the eclipse because Collingwood smashed Sydney. I did manage to see the eclipse during the the quarter time and half time breaks and from the top of the car park after the game. Pity I didn't have my telescope with me. The picture below is about as good as I could get with a digital camera which only has a 65mm zoom. This photo had an aperture of F/2.8, a shutter speed of 1/500 sec and ISO-80 and taken from Sydney Olympic Park at 10:09PM. Click picture to embiggen.

No comments:

Post a Comment