Wednesday 9 February 2011

It has only been 6 weeks! Today in fact.

I can't even remember what it was like before Georgia came along and it's only been 6 weeks. Sure we were happy but, Jesus Georgia, you've filled a hole we only had an inkling we had. I'm well into my 40s now, and don't I hate saying that out loud, but I feel like a clueless 20 year old kid again when it comes to parenthood. I can't say parenthood has been easy but there is a naturalness to it I didn't expect. I suppose there are a few billion others going through it at the moment on top of 2 million years of evolution so I shouldn't be too surprised. If Ozzy Osbourne could successfully raise a family there's hope for us yet. There have been dramas, tears and frustration. God knows how the parents who have difficult babies cope, she has been a dream baby. I reckon there will still be tears a plenty in the years to come. Give us time. We'll fuck up somewhere. However I'm looking forward to watching her grow up more than just about anything. One minute you can't wait for her to do something new and the next you want to stay in the moment and wish she wouldn't grow up so fast. And it has only been six weeks. Even in the short time we've had the changes have been coming too fast and yet not fast enough. It is so confusing. All we can do is take some happy snaps to cry over in the future.
You are the best thing that ever happened to us Georgia.
Thank you.
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment