Tuesday 12 March 2013

Kan-etsu tunnel (the longest road tunnel in Japan)


I mentioned in a previous post that the best vending machine coffee I've ever had was from a road side stop. Just before you enter the Kan-etsu Tunnel is a road side rest area which includes a ramen bar and a shit load of vending machines including the coffee machine that dispensed a reasonably good coffee and, my favourite, the hot food vending machine.

P1010062
Wall to wall vending machines
P1010063
I really dig the hotdogs
P1010066
Oh my... a decent coffee out of a vending machine
The Kan-etsu Tunnel is the longest road tunnel in Japan. At 11 km it is the about 10th longest in the world. It seems to go on and on and on.

We made a video. An epic 1 min and 4 seconds...

If you click on the map below you can get to Google street view and virtually drive through the tunnel.


View A drive around central Honshu - March 2013 in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment